- New York, July 11, 2012
- Globo Verde Dominicano is Extending the Period of Submissions until July 30
- "I haven't finished! I only have a little left!" These are some of the responses we have received from participants the last few days prior to the close of the First Short Film and Public Service Announcement Competition launched by Globo Verde Dominicano. | READ MORE
- New York, June 27, 2012
- GFDD Launches Google Earth Tour of the Coastal and Marine Ecosystems of the Dominican Republic
- Global Foundation for Democracy and Development (GFDD) is pleased to announce the launch of the "Google Earth Tour of the Coastal and Marine Ecosystems of the Dominican Republic." | READ MORE
- New York, June 21, 2012
- Certification Ceremony for Participants of the First-Ever DREFF Expedition to Pico Duarte
- Tomorrow on June 22, 2012, the Dominican Republic Environmental Film Festival (DREFF), an initiative of Global Foundation for Democracy and Development (GFDD) and Fundación Global Democracia y Desarrollo (FUNGLODE), will host a certification ceremony for the students, educators and administrators that participated in the first-ever DREFF expedition to Pico Duarte. The event will take place at 10:00 am in the auditorium at FUNGLODE headquarters in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. | READ MORE
- Rio de Janeiro, June 17 2012
- Rio + 20 Audience Experience Educational Aquatic Tour of the Dominican Republic
- On Sunday, June 17, 2012, Global Foundation for Democracy and Development, in partnership with the Sylvia Earle Alliance, presented "Oceans in Google Earth as an Educational Tool: A Dominican Republic Perspective," at the Rio+20 United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. | READ MORE
GFDD and FUNGLODE launch the Globo Verde Dominicano Award
Globo Verde Dominicano Award is launched within the framework of the II Dominican Republic Environmental Film Festival, which will take place in September 6 thru 9 of the present year. With this contest, GFDD and FUNGLODE seek to raise awareness on the preservation of the environment and sustainable development. More specifically, it comes as an opportunity for young producers, students and professionals to dive into a fairly unexplored area in the Dominican Republic: the production of audiovisual material of an environmental nature.
The electronic registration form can be found on the contest's webpage and the deadline for registration is July 30th of the present year.
Dominican Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Environment
GFDD and FUNGLODE, through this publication, present an organized and systematized study of the environment and the natural resources of the Dominican Republic, in a single volume, and in a manner that is aesthetically pleasing, attractive and accessible to a wide range of readers, from students to professionals in the area. Buy the book here»
Please make cache directory writable.
Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Marine Mammal Sanctuary of the Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo, 09/10/2011 at FUNGLODE, 6 PM
Come celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Marine Mammal Sanctuary of the Dominican Republic, the first world sanctuary of its kind, gathering the Silver Bank, the Christmas Bank and the Bay of Samana for the protection and conservation of the North Atlantic marine mammals. Invited guest Dr. Sylvia Earle, oceanographer | read more
Watch the photos! (Sept 10th, 2011)
Community in Action! Beach Cleaning.
Santo Domingo, 09/08/2011, at FUNGLODE, 2 – 4 PM
Beach cleaning during the I DR Environmental Film Festival: Artistic Creation and hands on training on plastics and potential substitutes. Read More
Watch the photos! (Sept 8th, 2011)