GFDD Short Film Wins in the Documentary Category at Green Lens Environmental Film Festival in Illinois
New York, February 12, 2014Tweet
Global Foundation for Democracy and Development’s Short Film "Garbage or Resource? A Dominican Republic Experience” (¿Basura o recurso? Experiencia de la República Dominicana?), has been selected as best Documentary at the Green Lens Environment Festival, which runs from February 24-27 in downtown DeKalb, Illinois.
The 17 minute short film, which has been experiencing a phenomenally successful run since its premier at the III DR Environmental Film Festival (DREFF) this past September in the Dominican Republic, and has since been recognized at two major European Environment Film Festivals lin 2013, and Princeton in 2014. (View synopsis and trailer at http://garbage.dreff.org).
Audiences will be able to see for themselves what is happening in the Dominican Republic with regard to recycling “garbage" and see it differently -- as an invaluable resource and raw material which can be manufactured into a whole new product.
The mission of the Green Lens Environmental Film Festival (GLEFF), -- which is planned by the he Institute for the Study of the Environment, Sustainability, and Energy (ESE Institute) and the Division of Outreach, Engagement, and Information Technologies at Northern Illinois University -- is to provide the Northern Illinois region with an opportunity to experience films with environmental themes that are relevant to both the local and global communities. The GLEFF provides a venue for filmmakers to screen their films and receive recognition for significant contributions. The festival seeks to explore topics related to the environment, sustainability, and energy while encouraging community involvement.
The organizers of the event, Festival Director, Melissa Burlingame, and co-Director Gillian King-Cargile say that the award recognizes the finest documentary film in competition, and has invited GFDD to participate in the proceedings.
- Third Edition of Globo Verde Dominicano Award Introducing a New Category in the Area of Photography
Santo Domingo, March 24, 2014
- GFDD’s RDescubre Program Inspires Environmental Stewardship through Education
Santo Domingo, March 18, 2014
- ReCrearte Program continues to gain strength across the country
Santo Domingo, March 5, 2014
- GFDD Short Film Wins Best Documentary at the 2014 Green Lens Environmental Film Festival
De Kalb, Illinois, February 27, 2014
- GFDD and Human Film Crew to Give Workshop on “The Art of the Interview: Techniques for Establishing Good Dialogue in the Production of a Documentary”
Santo Domingo, February 15, 2014
- Dominican Students Conquer New Heights on Mountain Hike to Pico Duarte
Santo Domingo, February 8, 2014
- GFDD’s Participates in the Princeton Environmental Film Festival with its own Dominican Eco-Short
New York, January 29, 2014
- GFDD's New Series of Eco-Courses Aid Sustainable Agricultural Development in the Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo, January 24, 2014