Third Edition of Globo Verde Dominicano Award Introducing a New Category in the Area of Photography
Santo Domingo, March 24, 2014Tweet
GFDD and FUNGLODE are launching the third edition of the audiovisual contest in the area of environment and sustainable development, which was born out of an initiative of the Dominican Republic Environmental Film Festival in 2012.
The third edition of the Globo Verde Dominicano Award is introducing a new category in the area of photography. This year’s selected theme for 2014 is “Huertos Familiares” (Family Farming), in support of International Year of Family Farming, declared by the United Nations General Assembly. To read more about this UN campaign in which more than 360 organizations around the world are participating, please follow this link.
As in years past, contest winners will remain anonymous until the day the prizes are awarded (they will use pseudonyms as entrants). Contestants can participate with video entries in either of the two original categories: short film (maximum 15 minutes) or public service announcements (under 40 seconds). One winner is chosen in each category.
This year, 2014, Globo Verde Dominicano will award a prize in each one of the categories. And the prizes are:
Short film category
A trip to an international film festival where the winner will have an opportunity to present his/her short film and to participate in all screenings and special events. A certificate for $2,000 dollars toward the purchase of technical equipment at the store of your choice.
Public Service Announcement category
MacBook Pro laptop, 15 inches: 2,0 GHz, retina screen.
A certificate for $1,000 dollars toward the purchase of technical equipment at the store of your choice.
Starting immediately, the contest is formally open and will be accepting entries until July 25, 2014. A contest application can be downloaded from the contest’s webpage at: www.globoverdedominicano.org
Those interested in more information can pose their questions on either Facebook or Twitter (@GloboVerdeDR) or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants of the Globo Verde Dominicano Award will be evaluated by a jury comprised of national and international professionals. The winners will be announced as part of this year’s IV Dominican Republic Environmental Film Festival to be held from September 10-14, 2014.
- Third Edition of Globo Verde Dominicano Award Introducing a New Category in the Area of Photography
Santo Domingo, March 24, 2014
- GFDD’s RDescubre Program Inspires Environmental Stewardship through Education
Santo Domingo, March 18, 2014
- ReCrearte Program continues to gain strength across the country
Santo Domingo, March 5, 2014
- GFDD Short Film Wins Best Documentary at the 2014 Green Lens Environmental Film Festival
De Kalb, Illinois, February 27, 2014
- GFDD and Human Film Crew to Give Workshop on “The Art of the Interview: Techniques for Establishing Good Dialogue in the Production of a Documentary”
Santo Domingo, February 15, 2014
- Dominican Students Conquer New Heights on Mountain Hike to Pico Duarte
Santo Domingo, February 8, 2014
- GFDD’s Participates in the Princeton Environmental Film Festival with its own Dominican Eco-Short
New York, January 29, 2014
- GFDD's New Series of Eco-Courses Aid Sustainable Agricultural Development in the Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo, January 24, 2014